Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Running update...

As part of our running training we have been pushing ourselves with sprints and hill training and trying to find new routes to keep things interesting. Our encouraging of our new running friend saw us all enter the Run Melbourne 10k.


Mel has really embraced running and has come along much quicker than we ever did in the beginning. In February I put out an email at work to those who had expressed an interest in running with us. Mel has been very consistent with joining us and has not complained when we would push her a little further each time. We had encouraged her to pick a race or event to work towards and she chose Run Melbourne 10k.

 The morning was perfect, sunny and cool. We had a lovely run and at one point I could see Mel ahead and I thought to myself I can't let her beat me! so we crossed the finish line together in 1:01:30 a very fast time for me. I'm yet to crack the 60 minute for 10km, but was very pleased with that effort.






More runs to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment