Monday, September 1, 2014

A party...

We attended number one nephew's 21st birthday celebrations and had a hoot!

We dressed up in our best black and white gear and headed up to Ballarat on a chilly wet night. Erin had a very cute new dress to wear and I repeated my outfit that I wore to Erin's Deb Ball. My sister looked smashing in a full length black dress and was very brave when she got up and led the band in a rendition of My Sharona. We were able to catch up with some of their other family and friends and have a dance.

The party went off really well and my sister had added some nice touches with a slide show, photo remembrance book to sign and a spectacular cake that she had made herself. Number 2 nephew's band was really good and played some of my favourite songs so I could do the embarrassing Mum dancing I like to do.

While I was at the party I shot some video clips of everyone saying 'hello Hayley' and posted them to Instagram. She appreciated the gesture and sent back her own clip saying Happy Birthday, it was lovely way to include her, pity I can't post it here to show.

Erin was able to ask her Young Man to the party and he fared very well running the gauntlet of our family. Being a party at a club type venue meant there was little opportunity for the grilling/teasing/scrutiny he would have endured otherwise. But he is a lovely boy and was able to represent himself admirably. Chris was more than a little freaked out at the arrangement of his sleeping over after the party. It was the easiest way to get around the late finish and distance to his home. Rules were laid down and followed. Everyone survived.



Erin and her 'friend' have become closer since they teamed up for the Debut. They spend as much time as they can together on the weekends and we as parents have clocked up many kms driving them in between. She has been very coy about their status taking a long time to actually call him her 'boyfriend' but seeing them cuddled up to each other on our couch has left me in no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment