Sunday, September 21, 2014

I had a goal...

but I fell a bit short today.

We were entered in the Spring into Shape 10km challenge and while we should be adding more kms to our training we thought that this would be a speed challenge for us.

My goal was to run this one at 10km/hr pace and finish in just under 60 minutes. Anything with a 5 at the beginning would be trumps, I would settle for a 59:59 but it was not to be. The lovely course along the Yarra would see me finish in 1:01:13. I couldn't quite get my pace quick enough.
Running buddy was able to crack it though and our Pharmacist friend also blitzed out a 54 min time after we had to convince her to go the 10k distance and not settle for a 5k.



When I got home and loaded up my times from the Garmin I saw that Mel had also run locally this morning and did a really quick time. Our encouragement has seen her overtake anything we can do.

Just 3 weeks left til the Marathon, more training is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment